Due to COVID restrictions, there will be no in-person services until further notice. Instead a live-stream service will take place on Sundays at 9:00 a.m. on Facebook. The service will also be available on our website later in the morning.
Lakeside COVID Protocol
1. Appropriate screening – A self declaration fitness form is posted by the church entrance, encouraging wise and kind participation choices that demonstrate care for one another.
2. Appropriate Sanitation – There is a hand sanitation station in the foyer, one in the upstairs bathroom and two in sanctuary.
3. Appropriate physical distancing is required by all participants (6 feet unless of same household).
4. Appropriate people flow is indicated by signage and volunteers (enter building, mandatory hand sanitizing, no congregating in foyer, be seated to enjoy the service, exit sanctuary and building back to front (like a wedding) to preserve appropriate distancing; no congregating in the foyer after the service.
5. Appropriate numbers – Total building capacity of 70 people per service with greeter/gatekeeper monitoring numbers.
6. Appropriate sanctuary seating – Only household members may sit together in a row. Chairs are staggered for safe distancing.
7. Appropriate worship activities
a. There are two one-hour worship services on Sundays at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. – L.B.C. sanitizes common touched surfaces between services.
b. You must wear a mask while in the church building.
c. There is an offering basket at the back of the sanctuary; mailed cheques and online giving are also options.
d. Microphones are designated to specific people.
e. Communion – The elements are provided for each person individually wrapped. Participants may also bring their own elements.
f. The nursery is unavailable for use.
8. Paper bulletins are not provided. You can access the bulletin on the “News & Events” page of the website, or contact Shelley Dijk if you would like to receive the bulletin by email.
9. Appropriate Foyer Activity Reminders
a. Physical distancing must be maintained.
b. No hugging or handshakes.
c. No beverages or food are provided.
d. Mandatory hand sanitizing upon entrance, and no loitering in foyer.
e. Proceed immediately to seating in sanctuary.
f. Proceed to outdoors and vehicle following worship service (no indoor loitering).