Lakeside Baptist Church began as First Scandinavian Baptist Church in 1897, to meet the needs of the Swedish immigrants in the area. With the majority of Swedish newcomers settling in the Lakeside area of Kenora, the church was renamed Lakeside Baptist Church around the turn of the century. Services were conducted in Swedish until approximately 1941.
With increased attendance, the church on Sixth Street South became too small and property was purchased in 1965 for the construction of a new expanded facility. Construction of the new church on Transmitter Road began in 1967; the first service was held on Sunday, May 10, 1968.